Water Billing Office Contact Information
||1202 Southmore (across from City Hall); Pasadena, TX 77501
||P.O. Box 1337; Pasadena, Texas 77501-1337
|Lobby Office Hours:
||8 am to 5 pm (Monday through Friday)
||8 am to 5 pm (Monday through Friday)
||8 am to 5 pm (Monday through Friday)
Welcome to the City of Pasadena's Water Billing Office. The Water Billing Office is responsible for the meter reading, billing, collection, and customer service for approximately 36,000 accounts. To view current water and sewer rates, please click here. Please click to view the Water Department's policies brochure.
SUGGESTIONS: We are dedicated to providing prompt, superior customer service through billing consistency and accuracy. We welcome customer feedback both positive and negative, as with all organizations it is good to get recognition when we do things well but we also accept that there is always room for improvement.
For sewer related questions and/or concerns, please call (713) 475-5555.
How to Establish New Water, Sewer, and/or Garbage Service
The application process requires valid state-issued identification (driver's license/ID), social security number (SSN), and for customers who are renting or leasing, we must have a copy of your rental/lease agreement. We must receive a copy of your identification to process any application. The Water Billing Office provides next day service; however, if you would like for services to be connected the same day of your application, a fee of $20 must be paid.
Payment Options - For your convenience, we offer several ways to pay your bill.
If your service is subject to disconnection or has been disconnected,
DO NOT PAY ONLINE!
| You must come in or call the Water Billing Office to make a payment.
Call 713.475.5566 during business hours.
- Online payment has been restored and is available now – You can pay by credit and/or debit card; a 4% processing fee will be assessed. Click HERE to be taken to the secure server;
- Over the phone by calling 713.475.5566 (You can pay by credit and/or debit card; a processing fee will be charged);
- Automatic draft from a checking or saving account. To enroll in the program, customers must fill out and sign this bank authorization form. You may revoke bank draft authorization at any time by using this cancellation form;
- Automatic Recurring Credit/Debit Card Payment - A recurring payment can be setup using this form. Please note that a convenience fee is assessed. Your payment will be processed on the due date. If you wish to discontinue this automatic payment, please contact the office.
- In the night depository at the City Annex, 1202 Southmore (across from City Hall) after business hours, (these payments will not be processed until the following day's business);
- In person at the City Annex, 1202 Southmore (across from City Hall), 8 am-5 pm; if paying by credit or debit card a processing fee will be charged (4% of the amount being paid);
- Drive-through lanes at the City Annex, 1202 Southmore (across from City Hall), 7:30 am-5 pm (only current bills);
- In the mail (the date payment is received, not the postmark date, is used to determine timeliness);
- By Bill Pay – most banks and other financial institutions offer a program called Bill Pay, which allows customers to set up payees online, and then submit payment requests. The financial institution will debit the customer’s account and electronically submit payment to the City. Note: Some banks still print and mail a check in so please check with your bank as this adds additional days before the City receives it;
- At Authorized Payment Locations - For accounts that are not past due, payments can be made at one of many of our authorized payment locations. Following are authorized payment locations:
Payment due dates
- HEB (Fairmont/Space Center;
- Mi Tienda (Shaver/Spencer);
- Fiesta (1603 Spencer Hwy);
- PLS Check Cashers (6868 Spencer Hwy, 3023 Spencer Hwy, & 950 E. Pasadena Blvd);
- Mexico Lindo (2145 Red Bluff Rd.);
- Seller’s Bros. (2311 Strawberry Rd.);
- Food Town (Richey/Harris); and,
- Any Fidelity Express locations (currently can only accept CASH payments).
Customers have fifteen (15) days from the date of the bill to pay the
balance due on their account without penalty. Please be aware that
payments not received by the due date are subject to a 10% late fee. If your
account begins with a “1”, your bill goes out on the 1st Thursday of
the month; an account that begins with a “2” goes out the 2nd Thursday
of the month; if the account begins with a “3” than it goes out on the
3rd Thursday and if it begins with a “4” then it is billed on the 4th
Thursday of the month.
If you are unable to pay your bill on time due to financial hardship, a payment extension can be arranged. This extension is made by written agreement only. You may download the payment extension agreement form here. A $5.00 fee must be paid for the extension to be valid.
IMPORTANT! Delinquent Bills/Disconnected for Non-Payment
If a payment has not been received in the Water Billing Office by 5:00PM by the "LOCK OFF DATE" printed on the past due bill (or an approved payment arrangement has not been made), water service will be terminated the next business day. Do not pay online if you are making a payment AFTER the "LOCK OFF DATE" noted on a delinquent bill. The Water Billing Office does not receive the payment file until the following business day nor do we receive notice that a payment has been made via the website. You must call the office to avoid disconnection since lock-off notices (tags) are printed the day after the "LOCK OFF DATE" noted on your past due bill. A $35.00 fee will be incurred regardless of whether the service has been disconnected once a tag has been printed. This fee covers the administrative costs required to process past due accounts and include account research and if necessary the cost of disconnecting and reconnecting your service.
If your services have been disconnected for non-payment, you must call the office to have the services restored. If you make a payment online, you will still need to contact the office as the City is not notified that a payment has been made.
Do not use an e-check if your service has been disconnected. If you use an e-check, it will be voided and services will not be restored. Keep in mind that if a payment is made after 4:30 p.m., an additional fee of $25 (a total of $60) is assessed if you want services restored that same evening. This fee is used to offset the cost of overtime for the field staff.
Deposits for residential customers are as follows: Owner - $125, Renter - $150. Commercial deposits are generally comparable to two (2) months’ service of a commercial business similar to the applicant but no less than $75. In addition, a non-refundable $30.00 connect service charge must be paid before the services are connected.
Close an Account/Discontinue Service
City ordinance requires a written notice of request to disconnect from each water customer desiring to end service. Please download the disconnect form and return by fax, email, postal mail or drop off at City Hall.
Authorization to Make Changes on Customer Account
If you wish to transfer services, change a mailing address, change the name or add someone to an account, please fill out this form.
Deferred Payment Plan
There may be a time when circumstances result in your inability to pay your bill. We regard the loss of water/sewer service to be very serious. You cannot prepare food, bathe or flush a toilet.
You may be eligible to enroll in our Deferred Payment Plan which enables you to establish monthly payments of up to six months. An application for this courtesy service must be filled out. In addition, a payment plan requires a $20 administrative fee to be processed.
Please note If an arrangement for payment has been documented on the account, payment of the entire promised amount must be made on or before that date to avoid termination of service. The City of Pasadena will create these payment arrangements only with customers who have not broken a similar agreement with us in the past twelve months.
Seniors Discount Program (65 or older)
If you are 65 or older, you qualify for reduced rates for City water, sewer and garbage services. Reduced rates are available only for primary residences and you must provide the required documentation in order to qualify. Download application here.
Request for delay of payment due date
Citizens age 60 and older, and those within certain income limits, may file a Request For Delay of Payment Due Date. The form can be filled out at the Water Billing Office or you can download the form.
You have the right to maintain confidentiality of certain personal information. To request confidentiality of personal information contained in utility account records, please complete the confidentiality form and return to City of Pasadena. There is a one-time $2 fee to process this request.
While the water customer is ultimately responsible for any leaks that occur past the meter, the City may consider an adjustment of your water bill for water use related to leaks. You may download an application for adjustment of your water bill due to system leaks. This is offered as a COURTESY by the City in order to allow you time to correct the leak; it is not an open-ended commitment to adjust your water bill in place of repairing the leak.
Meter Test Application If you think your meter is measuring your water usage inaccurately, we will test it for you for a fee, payable in advance of test scheduling. If the meter is found to be inaccurate outside industry standards, the fee will be refunded. Please download application here.
Pool (Sewer) Credit Request
The City may consider a sewer credit on your bill if the water did not enter the City's wastewater (sewer) collection system. The City must confirm a concurrent increase in water consumption on your bill before a credit can be approved. The City is providing this credit as a COURTESY and is under no obligation to do so. The form can be downloaded here.
Leaks not only cause water loss, but may lead to high water bills. The best way to check for leaks in the entire plumbing system is to take a meter reading. Record the water meter reading at a time when no one will use any water to the residence for several hours. Then, after several hours, take another reading. We recommend that customers take the first reading before they go to sleep and the second when they arise. The two readings should be the same if no one has used water in the house for several hours. If the readings are not the same, you probably have a leak.
Also note the fine flow indicator, which is a small triangle or diamond on the face of the meter. If it is turning, that means that water is going through the meter and into the house.
Remember – humidifiers, refrigerator units (icemakers), toilets and all water softeners use water. If these items are in use, water will pass through your meter.
Toilets are the most common sources of leaks, although they are easy to detect. Place a toilet tablet or a few drops of food coloring in the tank, but don't flush. After a few minutes, if coloring appears in the bowl, your toilet is indeed leaking water. Usually all that is needed is a replacement flapper valve, which is the soft rubber flapper in the tank. Water corrodes these flappers over time and it is recommended that they be replaced every two years. The adjustment screw at the back of the toilet may also need to be corrected to stop water from going into the overflow tube.
Other common causes for leaks are:
• Sprinkler Systems – Check for soggy areas of the yard and sprinkler heads and valves.
• Water Heaters – Check for standing water around your water heater.
• Icemakers – Be sure it is still connected properly and is not dripping water anywhere.
• Faucets – Dripping faucets can cause substantial water loss every month.
Sewer service fees are included on your monthly water bill. Problems should be reported to Pasadena Action Line at (713) 475-5555.