|Office Address:||1202 Southmore (across from City Hall); Pasadena, TX 77501|
|Mailing Address:||P.O. Box 1337; Pasadena, Texas 77501-1337
|Fax #:||(713) 475-2534|
|Lobby Office Hours:||8 am to 4:00 pm (Monday through Friday)|
|Drive-Through Hours:||8 am to 4:00 pm (Monday through Friday)
|Telephone Hours:||8 am to 4:00 pm (Monday through Friday)
|Online bill pay:
||To pay your bill using our new online system, you must register; your prior log-in information will NOT work. Registration is simple. All you need to get started is information from your water bill. Please click here to register. Call 713.475.5566 if you need further assistance.
ATTENTION USERS OF DOXO, MINT BILLS AND
OTHER THIRD-PARTY PAYMENT SYSTEMS:
|While water customers may use third-party online payment services such as Doxo, Mint and others to arrange payment of their water bills, any delay in the crediting of funds to your account because of their use may result in missed payment penalties or other unforeseen consequences that the City will not be responsible for. Only online payment using the link on this page will assure payment to your account will be credited at the time of transaction.|
Welcome to the City of Pasadena's Water Billing Office. The Water Billing Office is responsible for the meter reading, billing, collection, and customer service for approximately 36,000 accounts. To view current water and sewer rates, please click here. Please click to view the Water Department's policies brochure.
SUGGESTIONS: We are dedicated to providing prompt, superior customer service through billing consistency and accuracy. We welcome customer feedback both positive and negative, as with all organizations it is good to get recognition when we do things well but we also accept that there is always room for improvement.
For sewer related questions and/or concerns, please call (713) 475-5555.
How to Establish, Transfer or Discontinue Water, Sewer, and/or Garbage Services
The application process requires valid state-issued identification (driver's license/ID), social security number (SSN), and for customers who are renting or leasing, we must have a copy of your rental/lease agreement. We must receive a copy of your identification to process any application. The Water Billing Office provides next day service; however, if you would like for services to be connected the same day of your application, a fee of $20 must be paid. If you wish to transfer or disconnect services, please use the transfer application or request for disconnect below.
Payment Options - For your convenience, we offer several ways to pay your bill.
- To pay your bill using our new online system, you must register; your prior log-in information will NOT work. Registration is simple. All you need to get started is information from your water bill. Please click here to register. Call 713.475.5566 if you need further assistance.
- Over the phone by calling 713.475.5566 (You can pay by credit and/or debit card; a processing fee will be charged);
- Automatic draft from a checking or saving account. To enroll in the program, customers must fill out and sign this bank authorization form. You may revoke bank draft authorization at any time by using this cancelation form;
- In the night depository at the City Annex, 1202 Southmore (across from City Hall) after business hours, (these payments will not be processed until the following day's business);
- In person at the City Annex, 1202 Southmore (across from City Hall), 8 am-4:00 pm; if paying by credit or debit card a processing fee will be charged (4% of the amount being paid);
- Drive-through lanes at the City Annex, 1202 Southmore (across from City Hall), 8 am-4:00 pm (only current bills);
- In the mail (the date payment is received, not the postmark date, is used to determine timeliness);
- By Bill Pay – most banks and other financial institutions offer a program called Bill Pay, which allows customers to set up payees online, and then submit payment requests. The financial institution will debit the customer’s account and electronically submit payment to the City. Note: Some banks still print and mail a check in so please check with your bank as this adds additional days before the City receives it;
- At Authorized Payment Locations - For accounts that are not past due, payments can be made at one of many of our authorized payment locations. Following are authorized payment locations:
Payment due dates
- HEB (Fairmont/Space Center;
- Mi Tienda (Shaver/Spencer);
- Fiesta (1603 Spencer Hwy);
- PLS Check Cashers (6868 Spencer Hwy, 3023 Spencer Hwy, & 950 E. Pasadena Blvd);
- Mexico Lindo (2145 Red Bluff Rd.);
- Seller’s Bros. (2311 Strawberry Rd.);
- Food Town (Richey/Harris); and,
- Any Fidelity Express locations (currently can only accept CASH payments).
Customers have fifteen (15) days from the date of the bill to pay the balance due on their account without penalty. Please be aware that payments not received by the due date are subject to a 10% late fee. If your account begins with a “1”, your bill goes out on the 1st Thursday of the month; an account that begins with a “2” goes out the 2nd Thursday of the month; if the account begins with a “3” than it goes out on the 3rd Thursday and if it begins with a “4” then it is billed on the 4th Thursday of the month.
If you are unable to pay your bill by the DUE BY date noted on your bill, a payment extension can be arranged. You will be given up to ten (10) days from the DUE BY date to pay (this is typically the day before the DISCONNECT DATE noted on your bill). Note: If you are on a Delayed Due Date option (25 day grace period instead of 15), you are not eligible for an extension. You must come by our office or call and speak to a customer service representative for an extension to be considered. This extension is made by written agreement only; this means no verbal arrangements. A $5.00 fee must be paid for the extension to be valid. We will try to be flexible but please keep in mind that we are attempting to collect a payment before another bill is sent (a 2-month bill).
IMPORTANT! Delinquent Bills/Disconnected for Non-Payment
If a payment has not been received in the Water Billing Office by 4:00PM by the "LOCK OFF DATE" printed on the past due bill (or an approved payment arrangement has not been made), water service will be terminated the next business day. Do not pay online if you are making a payment AFTER the "LOCK OFF DATE" noted on a delinquent bill. The Water Billing Office does not receive the payment file until the following business day nor do we receive notice that a payment has been made via the website. You must call the office to avoid disconnection since lock-off notices (tags) are printed the day after the "LOCK OFF DATE" noted on your past due bill. A $35.00 fee will be incurred regardless of whether the service has been disconnected once a tag has been printed. This fee covers the administrative costs required to process past due accounts and include account research and if necessary the cost of disconnecting and reconnecting your service.
If your services have been disconnected for non-payment, you must call the office to have the services restored. If you make a payment online, you will still need to contact the office as the City is not notified that a payment has been made.
Do not use an e-check if your service has been disconnected. If you use an e-check, it will be voided and services will not be restored. Keep in mind that if a payment is made after 4:00 p.m., an additional fee of $25 (a total of $60) is assessed if you want services restored that same evening. This fee is used to offset the cost of overtime for the field staff.
Deposits for residential customers are as follows: Owner - $125, Renter - $150. Commercial deposits are generally comparable to two (2) months’ service of a commercial business similar to the applicant but no less than $75. In addition, a non-refundable $30.00 connect service charge must be paid before the services are connected.
Authorization to Make Changes on Customer Account
If you wish to change a mailing address, change the name or add someone to an account, please fill out this form.
Deferred Payment Plan
There may be a time when circumstances result in your inability to pay your bill. We regard the loss of water/sewer service to be very serious. You cannot prepare food, bathe or flush a toilet.
You may be eligible to enroll in our Deferred Payment Plan which enables you to establish monthly payments of up to six months. An application for this courtesy service must be filled out. In addition, a payment plan requires a $20 administrative fee to be processed.
Please note If an arrangement for payment has been documented on the account, payment of the entire promised amount must be made on or before that date to avoid termination of service. The City of Pasadena will create these payment arrangements only with customers who have not broken a similar agreement with us in the past twelve months.
Seniors Discount Program (65 or older)
If you are 65 or older, you qualify for reduced rates for City water, sewer and garbage services. Reduced rates are available only for primary residences and you must provide the required documentation in order to qualify. Download application here.
You have the right to maintain confidentiality of certain personal information. To request confidentiality of personal information contained in utility account records, please complete the confidentiality form and return to City of Pasadena. There is a one-time $2 fee to process this request.
While the water customer is ultimately responsible for any leaks that occur past the meter, the City may consider an adjustment of your water bill for water use related to leaks. You may download an application for adjustment of your water bill due to system leaks. This is offered as a COURTESY by the City in order to allow you time to correct the leak; it is not an open-ended commitment to adjust your water bill in place of repairing the leak.
Meter Test Application If you think your meter is measuring your water usage inaccurately, we will test it for you for a fee, payable in advance of test scheduling. If the meter is found to be inaccurate outside industry standards, the fee will be refunded. Please download application here.
Leaks not only cause water loss, but may lead to high water bills. The best way to check for leaks in the entire plumbing system is to take a meter reading. Record the water meter reading at a time when no one will use any water to the residence for several hours. Then, after several hours, take another reading. We recommend that customers take the first reading before they go to sleep and the second when they arise. The two readings should be the same if no one has used water in the house for several hours. If the readings are not the same, you probably have a leak.
Also note the fine flow indicator, which is a small triangle or diamond on the face of the meter. If it is turning, that means that water is going through the meter and into the house.
Remember – humidifiers, refrigerator units (icemakers), toilets and all water softeners use water. If these items are in use, water will pass through your meter.
Toilets are the most common sources of leaks, although they are easy to detect. Place a toilet tablet or a few drops of food coloring in the tank, but don't flush. After a few minutes, if coloring appears in the bowl, your toilet is indeed leaking water. Usually all that is needed is a replacement flapper valve, which is the soft rubber flapper in the tank. Water corrodes these flappers over time and it is recommended that they be replaced every two years. The adjustment screw at the back of the toilet may also need to be corrected to stop water from going into the overflow tube.
Other common causes for leaks are:
• Sprinkler Systems – Check for soggy areas of the yard and sprinkler heads and valves.
• Water Heaters – Check for standing water around your water heater.
• Icemakers – Be sure it is still connected properly and is not dripping water anywhere.
• Faucets – Dripping faucets can cause substantial water loss every month.
Sewer service fees are included on your monthly water bill. Problems should be reported to Pasadena Action Line at (713) 475-5555.