Darrell Morrison was born and raised in Pasadena and attended Mae Smythe and Richey Elementary, Southmore Intermediate, and Sam Rayburn High schools. From a young age, he realized the importance of education as his parents, Don and Geneva Morrison, were long time employees (principal and teacher, respectively) with Pasadena ISD; Darrell continued his education at Texas A & M University and graduated with a degree in Civil Engineering.
Darrell and his wife Melody (also born and raised in Pasadena) have lived in District H since 1992, married 24 years, and have three children, Natalie, Allison and Daniel who attended Fairmont Elementary and Junior High and now Deer Park High Schools. Natalie attended First Baptist Christian Academy High School and has started her first year of college. Melody is the elementary principal at First Baptist Christian Academy.
With his business background in civil engineering, his primary focus is working with various city and county agencies in the region. “I can apply my experience in city planning, infrastructure design and construction, and funding procurement to make every dollar count for a successful project.”
Issues important to the residents of District H are (1) Relieve Traffic Congestion, (2) Public Safety (police and fire), and (3) Hike & Bike Trails/Greenspace. “I think our community is a great place to raise families and want to see that vision continue”.
Darrell and his family are active members at First Baptist Church where he is a member of the choir and has taught adult, youth and children Bible study classes.
Darrell’s community involvement is diverse and includes the following:
- Board of Directors, Houston-Galveston Area Council (H-GAC) (an association of local governments in the 13-county Gulf Coast Planning region of Texas)
- Member, H-GAC’s Transportation Policy Council (serves as the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for transportation planning in the eight-county Houston-Galveston area)
- President, Precinct2gether
- Career Day speaker for Pasadena Memorial High School and FBCA,
- Sponsor of Deer Park High School “Grease” musical
- Pasadena Rotary member
- Coach of Pasadena Pee Wee League baseball
- Vice President of the Harris County Flood Control Task Force that evaluates and provides input for flood control projects throughout Harris County.
You may contact Councilman Morrison through his City Council phone at 713-475-7858 or by email.