Steve grew up in the Pasadena area having attended Jackson Intermediate, Deepwater Junior High and graduated from Deer Park High School. Steve attended San Jacinto College Central Campus and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Business from University of Houston Clear Lake.
Steve was raised in a family owned business that taught him core values such as how to take initiative, strong work ethic and the value of the dollar.
Steve and his wife Amy are raising their daughters Morgan (5) and Meredith (2) in the heart of District G and have lived there these past 10 years.
Steve began his career in the electronics industry and traveled extensively to countries all over the world. Steve’s desire to be closer to his growing family guided him to make a career change and plant his business roots in the Pasadena area. Steve is a Risk Consultant for the commercial insurance broker Brady Chapman Holland & Associates (BCH). This profession involves designing and implementing a Risk Reduction Plan for his clients and this has prepared him to serve on city council because his work requires him to prioritize and look at how decisions positively affect the most important items of his clients business; the bottom line profit, relationship with their employees and relationship with their clients or citizens in the case of the city.
Steve adheres to a commitment of providing safe roads, good sidewalks, clean parks and public safety for everyone.
Steve is actively involved with:
- Texas Invitational Basketball Tournament Steering Committee (school facilitator for Sam Rayburn High School during tournament games, www.texasinvitational.com)
- Pasadena Education Foundation Board Member
- Pasadena Chamber of Commerce Member
- Economic Alliance Port Region committee chair for ABC Power Breakfast and Port Region Educational Seminar Series (www.allianceportregion.com)
- First Baptist Pasadena Member