The Pasadena Police Department is currently recruiting for a Basic Police Academy, looking for qualified applicants seeking employment with a progressive and innovative department. In addition to the Patrol Division, the Pasadena Police Department has many challenging and diverse assignments that are available to officers.
Upon the completion of two years in the patrol division, officers have the potential to be assigned to a specialized division. Some of these divisions include: Person Crimes, Property Crimes, Juveniles, Narcotics, Crime Scene, Motorcycles, Commercial Vehicle Enforcement, K-9, S.W.A.T., Community Services, Auto Crimes, Gangs, and Personnel and Training.
- Starting Salary - $55,681.00
- Take home car after two years of service
- TCOLE Certificate Pay
- Spanish compensation
- 15 Days Vacation per year - starting
- 15 Days Sick leave per year
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 15 Days Paid Military leave per year
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Applicant must have a valid driver's license.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age and less than 45 years of age.
At the time of application, applicants must either have a High School Diploma or a G.E.D. With a G.E.D., the applicant must have 12 college hours from an accredited college/university with at least a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Visual acuity must not exceed 20/100 in either eye, correctable to 20/20 with lenses. Applicants must have normal color vision and depth perception consistent with the occupational demands of law enforcement. Applicants must distinguish the full spectrum of color vision by passing a color vision test and will be required to submit to an eye examination by a doctor of ophthalmology or optometry.
For more information and a complete list of requirements: visit www.ppdcareer.com
or apply online